VN era Patches SPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VN era Patches SPF

Picked this jacket up and the Beret along with a pile of WWII tunics. I have no clue as to if the patches are real or not and even less clueless on the baret. Looks like a British Ike they are hand sewn to. The tag is gone so Im guessing korea or later on the jacket.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pretty much 100% certain the jackets a fantasy piece. The Ike might be Korean War era, but the patches are post Vietnam copy's/fantasy. Could be a veteran's jacket, but I doubt it.

The beret is unusual, and I don't think it's US. For some reason it looks Thai to me, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Sounds like they were just an add on to a larger deal anyway so hopefully it's not that big a loss.

Edit: Definitely Thai insignia on the beret, no clue if it's legitimate but there you go.

Comment

Agree re: the US insignia.

The SF patch is just a commercial "I was a GB" patch, not military in any way, shape, or form.

The MAC SOG patch is just a well-post war made collector's copy.

The jacket is not US anything, either.
                  Last edited by tredhed2; 07-26-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carthin View Post
                    Pretty much 100% certain the jackets a fantasy piece. The Ike might be Korean War era, but the patches are post Vietnam copy's/fantasy. Could be a veteran's jacket, but I doubt it.

The beret is unusual, and I don't think it's US. For some reason it looks Thai to me, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Sounds like they were just an add on to a larger deal anyway so hopefully it's not that big a loss.

Edit: Definitely Thai insignia on the beret, no clue if it's legitimate but there you go.
                    Yes they both were in the lot of WWII tunics along with Korean war pieces also It was a duffle bag full of tunics for 15 bucks so no loss at all. I have not been able to ID the Baret either, no info on the insignia at all out there.

Comment

Originally posted by chainsawrich View Post
                      Yes they both were in the lot of WWII tunics along with Korean war pieces also It was a duffle bag full of tunics for 15 bucks so no loss at all. I have not been able to ID the Baret either, no info on the insignia at all out there.
                      It's a Thai army insignia, but the beret seems to be English made. Probably 1980's/current.

Comment

yes that would be it, nice research on the picture I could not find anything.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X