Anyone need a 1944 dated Parachute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone need a 1944 dated Parachute?

Im being offered several of these some are different shapes but all dated.

Im WAY out of my swim lane on these?

Any help would be appreciated. Rarity/value these days.. most things are down...

Cheers J
    Attached Files

You have a Mae West life vest...The ones nicely dated and in good shape go for around $100......The two chutes in the photo are reserve ones I believe.....No idea on value....Are the boots Corcoran jump boots?.....Those are desirable....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
      You have a Mae West life vest...The ones nicely dated and in good shape go for around $100......The two chutes in the photo are reserve ones I believe.....No idea on value....Are the boots Corcoran jump boots?.....Those are desirable....Bodes
      The yellow group chute would be a bomber crew member, A-3 or A-4. The AAF didn't have reserve chutes, those are chest packs...Hold on, That is a paratrooper display...I just saw the T-7? parachute...the yellow group is understood to be bomber crew member. The others look to be Airborne. I think they had a reserve chute.
      Last edited by p-59a; 07-04-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

The one chute is a T5 Reserve parachute ,can you take pictures of the backs of them ?

Comment

Photos of the back clip types would help.
          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by p-59a View Post

I think "Jumper" has left the building.... Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
                  Im being offered several of these some are different shapes but all dated.

Im WAY out of my swim lane on these?

Any help would be appreciated. Rarity/value these days.. most things are down...

Cheers J
                  The bottom two are definitely reserve chutes, not for sure of the nomenclature, but it should be stamped on the back somewhere in black or white ink. Also, there is typically pocket somewhere with a parachute log book tied to it. It shows who packed it and date it was last packed. The boots look like jump boots, but or they brown or black? The life vest is one of the ones issued to the Airborne during Jumps. I would expect that to be dated 1943 or 1944. That is definitely a main chute of some sort on the same shelf as the boots. The old chutes, T-10s if I am not mistaken, should have a five point single release harness that it's attached to. Also look for a log book either on the left or right inside of the harness where the canopy release assembly is. I never got handle the old chutes, but being a former Jumpmaster, that is where I would look to get started.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Nope still here.. Just don't have them handy to answer the question. They are over an hour away. I wanted to get some details before I went back.

Thanks J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X