Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black Corcoran boots

Hello,
    are these boots of the Korean period or maybe more probably Viet-nam or post Viet-nam war ?
    best regards
    (laces were put by me, they are not the originals )

I cannot tell you how old these particular pair of boots are but Corcoran still makes boots for the military. My father wore a pair just like you show in the late 1970's early 80's.

Comment

Yes, that's all the problem because there is no date at all.
      and I don't know if my version with the leather on the sole is older than the version with full rubber sole..
      but these ones are specifics to the paratroopers isn't it ?
      thanks
      Last edited by Tonymili; 06-11-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Yes they look paratrooper specific, usually you can tell from those two stitch lines running across the ankle area...regular infantry boots didnt have that feature, its extra reinforcing for ankles ....mike

Comment

Thank you !
          I hope they are from the 60's

Comment

I think theres a good chance of that....i think the newer ones had one piece rubber soles and yours has two piece soles.....mike

Comment

The Corcorans I bought in the 70s and 80s had the two piece soles.

Also, anyone could buy them and wear them, not just paratroopers. This was in the days of OD green fatigues and later, the BDUs.

Comment

Thanks all, it's very nice to learn more with you
                so, in fact, it's quite difficult to determine her period, and yes I heard that Corcoran's boots were private purchases, but it's commonly admitted in the minds that it's for paratroopers (maybe because of the WW2 ?)

Comment

I searched on Google and I found this boots, but there are only 11 eyelets, mine have 12... do you know why ?

Comment

Airborne troopers buy and wear Corcorans for style and tradition as much as anything else.
                    Mostly worn for dress or garrison duty.
                    I have seen them cause problems in the field.
                    Why wear expensive uncomfortable boots in training and get them messed up when the old issued leg boots are better and cost nothing. Corcorons were half a months pay. Shining a pair takes days.
                    They are no real special item when it comes to jumping, either. No special stitching or other stuff.
                    Leg boots lace up and fit just as well.
                    Parachuting injuries are rare, actually despite the movies.
                    That said, no Airborne trooper is going to be seen in public on leave or inspection wearing nasty dirty leg boots.
                    MLP

Comment

I went through 82nd Airborne jump school in early 1959 at Ft Bragg, was discharged in May 1961. Once we were jump qualified we always wore Corcoran jump boots. Even though they were private purchase, we wouldn't be caught dead wearing leg boots. Some men had two pair, others just spit-shined their one pair for guard duty, inspections and dress. We would never be caught wearing leg boots, period!

Comment

When I reported to Ft Ord, CA for basic training in June 1958 we were issued OD uniforms with garrison caps and brown boots. We were also issued the new Army green uniforms with garrison caps and leg "flying saucer" caps and thus had to dye our boots black. When I completed jump school at Ft Bragg in early 1959 the uniform of choice for paratroopers was the OD uniform with Ike jacket. That uniform was phased out over the following year, much to our chagrin. The "flying saucers" never left our wall lockers.

Comment

By the way, the troopers of the 77th Special Forces group located on Smoke Bomb Hill also wore garrison caps with their dress uniforms.

Comment

Thank you guys, I like your anecdotes, so this boots are well for militaries, but private purchase
                            it's also interessting to see that Corcoran made these same boots from the 50's at today !
                            unfortunately there is no date

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X