Us ww2 chevrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Us ww2 chevrons

Are they suitable for both the m41 and m43 jackets?
    I appreciate your help
    Thanks
    Attached Files

yes

Comment

Thanks. I guess for the m42 and m43 umiform is also ok, isn.t it?
      Sorry, a friemd of mine is asking
      Thanks again

Comment

That type of chevron was worn on any uniform that was authorized chevrons in WWII. This type was worn more than any other type.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B. View Post
          That type of chevron was worn on any uniform that was authorized chevrons in WWII. This type was worn more than any other type.
          It was, but technically it was for the field or utility uniform.

Comment

Perhaps that is true, by regulation (can you cite a source, because I can't find one), but I stand by my answer.

Also, the question was regarding M41 and M43 field jackets, and by your definition, that style of chevrons would be the ones most often used on M41 and M43 field jackets.

Comment

Perhaps that is true, by regulation (can you cite a source, because I can't find one), but I stand by my answer.

Also, the question was regarding M41 and M43 field jackets, and by your definition, that style of chevrons would be the ones most often used on M41 and M43 field jackets.
              Not at the moment. Generally, the wool chevrons are seen more often on the dress uniforms.

Comment

I agree with you in general, but have owned dozens and seen hundreds of dress/wool uniforms with the stripes in question sewn on.

My personal favorites are the felt-on-felt chevrons, but those were almost impossible to find in use by 1944-45.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but would honestly like to find an AR or other reference that addresses this topic. Emerson' book Chevrons doesn't address the question except to note that the khaki on khaki chevrons were. It officially authorized. The Institute of Heraldry is similarly silent on the subject.

Comment

I agree with you in general, but have owned dozens and seen hundreds of dress/wool uniforms with the stripes in question sewn on.

My personal favorites are the felt-on-felt chevrons, but those were almost impossible to find in use by 1944-45.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but would honestly like to find an AR or other reference that addresses this topic. Emerson' book Chevrons doesn't address the question except to note that the khaki on khaki chevrons were. It officially authorized. The Institute of Heraldry is similarly silent on the subject.
                  My uniform collection dominates the wool on wool by 80-90% in favor of the practice. I also look at yard longs, there the practice appears higher. As far as regulations go, they were not as strict since everything was in short supply. There was a war going on and were more likely to ship bullets than chevrons.

BTW, the Quartermaster Museum would be the best chance at finding that regulation if it exists.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X