Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US M1 Helmet for Review

Hello Everyone -

I am new to M1 helmets and I was thinking of buying this helmet but wanted to get a few opinions. Is this helmet completely WWII era or are there any components that are considered post WWII? Please let me know if you see any issues. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

More Pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

More Pics 2
      Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't pursue that. Wait for something earlier and a helmet that was actually used in the war. 100s of surplus helmets exist for every one helmet actually used in the war.

Comment

It's all WWII but late in the war. Not sure about the netting.

The shell also looks to be a Schluter which is a plus. I personally would buy if the price was right as mint helmets and liners are not getting any easier to come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob G. View Post
            I wouldn't pursue that. Wait for something earlier and a helmet that was actually used in the war. 100s of surplus helmets exist for every one helmet actually used in the war.
            Hi Rob -

Thanks for looking and the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Svt40 View Post
              It's all WWII but late in the war. Not sure about the netting.

The shell also looks to be a Schluter which is a plus. I personally would buy if the price was right as mint helmets and liners are not getting any easier to come across.
              Hi Svt40 -

Thank you as well for the feedback. I am curious, do you mind sharing what you think that right price is for this helmet? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KS Jayhawk View Post
                Hi Svt40 -

Thank you as well for the feedback. I am curious, do you mind sharing what you think that right price is for this helmet? Thanks.
                It kind of depends on who made the liner. The liner itself is early war with unpainted A washers and green clasp liner strap. For the liner not knowing the maker but with all mint parts your looking at at least $100 but more likely in the $125-145 range. If it's made by Inland then the price would go up a little bit more maybe $40 more.

The shell is probably about $75-100.

I just bought a Schlueter shell with swivel bales and OD7 straps like yours but a little more used and dinged up with a higher lot number for $65.

Comment

It kind of depends on who made the liner. The liner itself is early war with unpainted A washers and green clasp liner strap. For the liner not knowing the maker but with all mint parts your looking at at least $100 but more likely in the $125-145 range. If it's made by Inland then the price would go up a little bit more maybe $40 more.

The shell is probably about $75-100.

I just bought a Schlueter shell with swivel bales and OD7 straps like yours but a little more used and dinged up with a higher lot number for $65.
                  Thank you for the estimate.

Comment

I've actually been looking at this same helmet. The shell is definitely a Schlueter, and I think it's a pretty good helmet overall. Very mint, and I don't use that word often. However, it's definitely on the expensive side for an M1; which is why I'm hesitant myself..

-Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Kengir View Post
                      I've actually been looking at this same helmet. The shell is definitely a Schlueter, and I think it's a pretty good helmet overall. Very mint, and I don't use that word often. However, it's definitely on the expensive side for an M1; which is why I'm hesitant myself..

-Jeremy
                      How much are they asking if you do not mind telling me?

Comment

I believe it's right at $500.

-Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Kengir View Post
                          I believe it's right at $500.

-Jeremy
                          Yeeouch! Waaaaaayyyyyy toooo much money for a swivel bail even if it's mint.

Hell I'd have a hard time talking myself into a fixed bale with 2nd pattern Hawley liner in ok condition for that money.

Comment

Looks like a re-paint to me.

Comment

I wouldn't.

Yeeouch! Waaaaaayyyyyy toooo much money for a swivel bail even if it's mint.

Hell I'd have a hard time talking myself into a fixed bale with 2nd pattern Hawley liner in ok condition for that money.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X