Colonel insignia on OS cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel insignia on OS cap

Forum Members, I came across a couple WW2 Colonel insignia.....Price was too cheap not to buy them....Unfortunately, they are an non-matched set....One is minty, while the other has age.....Would look good on one of my overseas caps.......I'd prefer the aged one, but head would be facing to the right....Just curious if it matters which direction the eagle's head is facing?....Sorry about the silly question....Thanks, Bodes

I know that the eagle should be facing forward when worn on the shoulders of a uniform and I believe the same is true when worn on the overseas cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B. View Post
      I know that the eagle should be facing forward when worn on the shoulders of a uniform and I believe the same is true when worn on the overseas cap.
      Not what I wanted to hear, but Steve you are correct.....I found this on the internet......"Insignia of grade will be worn by officers on the garrison cap, on the left side, centered on the curtain, with center of the insignia 1-1/2 inches from the front. The bars of lieutenants and captains will be worn perpendicular to the bottom edge of the cap. The leaves of majors and lieutenant colonels will be worn with stem down. The eagle of colonels will be worn beak to the front. ".....Bodes

http://www.wwiifederation.org/c5/fil..._-_1943-45.pdf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X