Confederate Vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confederate Vet

Here's my Great Great grandfather Jacob Fulk. He was in the 48th NC Co.K, CSA. He lost his eye at Fredericksburg Va. Dec. 13 1862. The picture was taken when he was old. I did'nt know about him until last year. You never know what you'll find searching your family tree.
    Attached Files

What a proud man, a veteran, and a hero to his state. Why so many are kept from their past is terrible. At least you found out about your heritage. Congratulations, and thanks for showing us a man that fought for states rights.

Comment

"Rooting" can be... addictive. The more pieces of your family "jigsaw puzzle" you find, the more it drives you on looking for the missing ones. I fell into that bottomless pit 27 years ago, and I've never found my way back out! Good luck (it often takes that) and best wishes on your further searches! Rick

Comment

Union Vet

Joe,
        What a great photo of your Great, Great Grandfather!
        My Great, Great Grandfather, Edwin Nieman who was in the 129th Pennsylvania volunteers also fought at Fredricksburg and at Antietam. His regiment made it to the "Stone Wall' as evidence by the dead and articles removed afterward.
        Thanks again for the picture,
        Doug

Comment

Hi Douglas
          My GG Grandfather was stationed on Willis Hill. Was that close to the stone wall? Our GG Gandfathers my have faced each other in the battle.
          Joe

Comment

Rick
            I know what you mean about it being addictive. I got lucky with Jacob I was able to trace his line back to Worms Germany. Jacob's grandfather changed the spelling of his last name from Volk to Fulk.
            Joe

Comment

Confederate and Union Vet's

Joe,
              You are not going to believe this! According to " The U.S. Army War College Guide to the Battle of Fredericksburg " the 48th N.C faced the 129th Pa. almost head on with only 2000 feet between them on the final assault at 4 P.M. on the 13th of December, 1862. When I first saw the photo of your Great , Great Grandfather I was taken back. This is unbelievable! I do not know what else to say.
              Doug

Comment

Hey Doug
                Wow! That's wild. Wonder what the odds are of two GG grandson's of two Civil War adversaries meeting on a collectors site. Have you ever been to the Fredericksburg battlefield. I've been thinking about going up to Fredericksburg to see where they fought.
                Joe

Comment

Here's the NC 48th's battle flag. It's in the NC state museum

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X