North American Aviation B-25 hydraulic hand pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North American Aviation B-25 hydraulic hand pump

I found this WW2 North American Aviation hydraulic hand pump from a B-25 Mitchell bomber at the swap meet today. This pump was located between the pilot and co-pilot seats. When I saw this at the swap meet and saw the prefix numbers and the ANA stamp my heart skipped a beat. I sent pics to a buddy who owns a B-25 and he confirmed what I thought it was.
    Attached Files

prefix numbers 97.7 KB - -
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a good catch! Which swap meet? I used to hit the Rose Bowl every 2nd Sunday and the Fairfax district one gets some good stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
        That's a good catch! Which swap meet? I used to hit the Rose Bowl every 2nd Sunday and the Fairfax district one gets some good stuff too.
        Gee Gary, If I told ya I'd hafta...well you know. I hit up the Cypress College swapmeet. Sundays are better. One of the guys who sells at Cypress has good connections in the high desert. I used to go to the Victorville swapmeet and yard sales. Any place that sells junk will have treasures. The San Bernardino out door swapmeet had also paid off in the past. David

Comment

Yes I used to do the San Berdue swap meets back in the day as well. Do they still hold them up in Saugus? I used to get some great stuff out of there too.

Originally posted by p-59a View Post
          Gee Gary, If I told ya I'd hafta...well you know. I hit up the Cypress College swapmeet. Sundays are better. One of the guys who sells at Cypress has good connections in the high desert. I used to go to the Victorville swapmeet and yard sales. Any place that sells junk will have treasures. The San Bernardino out door swapmeet had also paid off in the past. David

Comment

Yes I used to do the San Berdue swap meets back in the day as well. Do they still hold them up in Saugus? I used to get some great stuff out of there too.
            I haven't gone west of the Orange curtain in my quest for that thing I can't live with out, but never say never. : )

Comment

P-59a,

You know you are hooked on collecting when you get a woodie over a hydraulic pump!!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbrown View Post
                P-59a,

You know you are hooked on collecting when you get a woodie over a hydraulic pump!!

Tom
                LOL!!!! Takes one to know one!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbrown View Post
                  P-59a,

Tom
                  LOL!!!! Takes one to know one!

Comment

Is this a possibility? One each Hand Hydraulic Pump Assembly, AN6201 - Harvill Corp. p/n: 66-2075. It is complete with the handle and appears to be in either new surplus condition or surplus military overhauled unit. It operates freely and the inlet and outlet ports make a loud wobble sound when handle is operated. It has some paint scuffs from being on the shelf for a number of years. Looking in a 1949 P-51D Mustang parts catalog, I found it on page 117 as AN6201-1. These Hand Hydraulic Pumps were probably used in many other aircraft as well.
                    Info stamped on side one:
                    Mod. No. 66-26001
                    Serial No: B1311
                    Part No. 66-2075
                    Harvill Corp.
                    Info stamped on side two:
                    Spec. No. AN-P-14
                    AN6201
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes! Good catch!

Comment

Yes! Good catch!
                        Hey Gary, This has been bugging me for some time. I think I nailed it too.

Comment

Yes, I have actually had to remove a couple of them when working on P-51's at the air races.
                          Originally posted by p-59a View Post
                          Hey Gary, This has been bugging me for some time. I think I nailed it too.

Comment

Ok so this is confirmed. The drawings match what I have.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X