3rd Division Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Division Helmet

Here on eBay this helmet had appeared. What are the thoughts on this one??? I am no good with US painted helmets .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4722
    Thanks!

Looks like it was painted this morning ,looks like the seller lives in a squat ,Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

And the chances of a soldier having a swivel bale helmet before D Day are quite slim ,though not impossible .And there is nothing wrong with living in a squat ,Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
        And the chances of a soldier having a swivel bale helmet before D Day are quite slim ,though not impossible .And there is nothing wrong with living in a squat ,Rob
        Run away from this.

Notice the seller Rob?? Same one that is selling the lid Patrick was interested in.

He hurt his reputation with this piece of crap. Helmet is good, paint is bad, arm is hideous.
        Last edited by Joe Martin; 03-09-2004, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Perhaps he is selling his helmet collection to fund the cost of a replacement arm.Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
            Perhaps he is selling his helmet collection to fund the cost of a replacement arm.Rob
            Or to hire a freeking maid.

Comment

Man you guys are tough!! I also think its a post war painted helmet.

Tom

Comment

Bad Bad Bad...stay far away from the 3rd ID pot. This definitely has hurt the chances of the 29th ID pot being legit. All though I still think there is a SLIM chance the 29th ID pot was a LATE war repaint job.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ParatrooperPat
                  Bad Bad Bad...stay far away from the 3rd ID pot. This definitely has hurt the chances of the 29th ID pot being legit. All though I still think there is a SLIM chance the 29th ID pot was a LATE war repaint job.

Patrick
                  I agree with you Pat. There IS a chance.

Comment

The warning bells should go off as soon as you see that his 'Buy it Now" prices are half or less of current market prices. I agree that both are bad, however the 29th helmet is somewhat convincing.

Joe, would you post a link to that other helmet you mentioned?

Jared

Comment

Jared

Look under his other listing for the 29th helmet. Searching this guys profile, I see he buys some old beat up helmets. But sells the good stuff. Red flag for me. The 29th insignia looks like it was artificially aged with something abrasive.

Jeff

Comment

Good expensive reenactor helmets i guess...

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo
                          Jared

Look under his other listing for the 29th helmet. Searching this guys profile, I see he buys some old beat up helmets. But sells the good stuff. Red flag for me. The 29th insignia looks like it was artificially aged with something abrasive.

Jeff
                          Thanks Jeff. I saw that one, I thought Joe was talking about another one.

Jared

Comment

Originally posted by Jared S.
                            Thanks Jeff. I saw that one, I thought Joe was talking about another one.

Jared
                            Sorry, missed your request.

This guy is a real winner. I think these fakers really should be kicked in the crotch...TWICE.

Notice his careful wording.. He never really claims that the paint is original....

This is why I'll RARELY buy a painted lid on Ebay. Unless I know or know OF the seller, forget it. I'd much rather let a good lid pass than get screwed on a repaint. And if you claim it as not original, you think they'll actually return the money? They'll simply take the bad feedback hit and get on their way.

Comment

Well spotted Voodoo ,buys unpainted old helmets and sells rare painted ones ,Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X