GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't see too much posted from the Span-Am War era so I thought I'd show this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see too much posted from the Span-Am War era so I thought I'd show this.

Last edited by Jared S.; 01-18-2007, 02:26 AM.

Jared,

What a classic weapon!! This revolver carved a real niche in American history. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Greg
    sigpic
    Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared S.
      I'm posting this here instead of the firearm forum since it isn't German. Mod, please feel free to move.

Shown is a Martially marked Colt SAA made in 1874 (second year of production) that was made into an "Artillery" (a collectors term, since many of these were issued to the light artillery batteries during the Spanish-American War) around the turn of the century. With accompanying Altered M1885 holster. Of special note is the full blued finish, which is a well known variation. Also, note the "late-first" patent markings.

In its original form as a Calvary (with 7 1/2" barrel) guns in this serial number range were used during the "Custer" era (Little Big Horn, etc.)

Jared

VERY nice Colt!!!!!
      I know Colt collectors that would give you their first born for that weapon. I would give you mine but he is 35 with 4 kids and argumentative.
      Steve Ray

Comment

Single Action Army Colt

Steve
        A fine example of a true American classic firearm. What is the caliber ? Thanks for showing us.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by SteveR
          VERY nice Colt!!!!!
          I know Colt collectors that would give you their first born for that weapon. I would give you mine but he is 35 with 4 kids and argumentative.
          Steve Ray

Doug, it is .45 Long Colt as are all Martial Colt SAA's.

Jared

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X