Feldkamp's Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldkamp's Hotel

This mystery medal has had me stumped ever since I bought it in a Dubuque antique shop many years ago. The owner said it was brought by a metal detector fellow who dug it up locally. That may be the only U.S. connection for the medal since the dates 1939-1941 would indicate that it was issued in a European country rather than the US. The red stone and date 1942 would lead me to assume that the original owner was wounded badly enough in 1942 to end his military service but did not kill him. The original owner's name is inscribed "J. Meisner" and the issuer is the "Feldkamp's Hotel" which I would guess was in the UK or somewhere in the British Empire. Can anyone say for sure? I will try to attach a scan of it. The back is blank and had a hinged pin mounted there at one time. Thanks , Fred
    Attached Files

Are you sure this is military? It looks to me more like a civilian "employee of the year" kind of memento....something along those lines

Comment

Feldkamps Hotel

Thanks Andy, but nothing is certain at this point. It is a civilian issue but the dates would be too much of a coincidence for me think it was issued for nonmilitary service. Guess we would have to know where this hotel was before we can find out the facts. Fred

Comment

Fred,

I'd discount the UK/Commonwealth idea because of the spelling of "Honor", and that 1941 had little importance to the UK as a critical year (compared to the US).

Comment

I would also think that it is some form of civilian award, and not military because of the design.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X