Another US medal or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another US medal or two

I found this baby in a glass case in an antique store that specializes in estate sales. I often find things such as this. There is really nothing fantastic about this grouping, but then again it IS special. It is real and it represents a time in someones life that our country recognized as an achievement and as an accomplishment. The person that earned this gave an effort of some sort of individual sacrifice and committment to our nation. This person like so many others took a stand and held steadfast. I could not leave this in that glass case with the cheap plastic pearls and brass ear rings. So take a look, it belonged to a soldier.

My first three medals

I started collecting when I traded a box turtle and some fireworks for the purple medal in the middle. That is all I knew it was, just a purple medal. That night I was educated about my new medal. I was 11 years old and my scout master gave us a speech around the campfire about the Purple Heart. It was a wonderful oration and it left an impact on me. I have been collecting ever since.
    Last edited by mott5ranch; 03-02-2002, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Interesting

It is a pity that these items, beyond being little valued, have to be furthermore considered in an "international" section of a US based forum. Does anyone know a similar forum about Allied militaria?

Cesar.

Comment

Cesar, I don't know of a US military medal forum such as this one. It only makes sense that since this website is about Wehrmacht awards the US items fall in the international arena. What difference does it make, especially to a member from Brazil? At least we post all medals from all countries here. No medal is excluded. This is an awards site, non-political, historical only. All politics are in the bar (Kneipe) where they belong. Thanks for posting your question.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X