WWII US uniform collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII US uniform collectors

Anyone collect WWII pinks and greens or Ike jackets? I do, just wondering if you know of any good US dealers or how do you find your uniforms.
    David Tiffin
    "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

David,
    Mike Tucker gets some nice Ike jackets and pinks and greens from time to time. He always seems to maintain a decent amount of the stuff too.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I find my Ikes at the antique shops I peruse. No, they're not all finds of the century, but I do OK.

I mainly go after the more unusual/obscure uniforms as well as State uniforms. When was the last time you saw a Spanish American War Veterans association uniform or a NY State National Gaurd uniform?

Rob in Lynchburg
      "Radiation Shield Since 1998"
      sparkchaser@lynchburg.net
      AOL IM: sparkchaser1998
      Visit my Collection of Collections site - A site by a collector for collectors
      http://www.collectionofcollections.com

"He who will sacrifice a little liberty for a little security, deserves neither" - Ben Franklin

Comment

I tend to find most of the uniforms I aquire at flea markets and garage/yard sales. I pricipally buy them to re-sell on Ebay or another format. Unfortunately, its been some time since I've had the chance to list anything on Ebay, and now I've got a couple of bulging closets! Generally, I try to look for uniforms that are somewhat unusual, or larger sizes, or complete with pants, etc., or just interesting for some reason.

Comment

David,
          B&L collectibles one of the best and most honest places on the net to buy US Uniforms, Field Gear etc... I bought my Holy Grail of US combat jackets the M-41 from B&L for 50.00! It isn't mint but its real and I don't like mint anyway.
          Warren

Comment

one of the dealers up here has bought untouched lots of WW2 officers' uniforms in bales of about 500, sold purely by weight. Apparently they were given a cash credit for uniforms turned in, and many chose some demobilization money rather than "useless" uniform. These are intact except for wings. Rank insignia, ribbons, etc all there.

Needless to say, he hasn't disclosed how/where/how much, but I would assume these are still scattered around at regional discharge areas.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X