Great gun show find today! USA WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great gun show find today! USA WWII

Okay, at least I think it's great. Found a 101st Airborne group. Various D-Day maps. Carentan Peninsula. Ste. Mere-Eglise, Cherborg, Utah, Omaha, etc. Various 101st Airborne personal papers including a holiday greeting from General McAuliffe, chevrons, etc. Unfortunately, someone had already picked out the Division patches and who knows what else. They did leave a bunch of neat stuff behind, though. I ended up getting to the table seconds after another guy while he was examining the maps. That guy bought the rest, but he was nice enough to sell me the duplicates including a 1:50,000 map with Carentan and Ste. Mere-Eglise, a set of chevrons, a bronze star ribbon, Jan 21, 1945 Yank with a feature about the Bulge and a June '45 Guide to Berchtesgaden printed by the 101st Airborne Div. Special Service Section.

[ 22 September 2001: Message edited by: Steve in Florida ]

Sounds like a find to me!

I love 101st stuff, Ive got a really nice named grouping and quite a few different 101st patches. I would love to see pictures of what you scored. Also, If you ever want to sell any of it, let me know, I'd be more than happy to make you an offer.

Tyrel
    tyrel_7@hotmail.com

Comment

sounds like an awesome score....i am in the market for a 101 divisional patch with tab if anyone has a spare
      did you get it from the vet himself?
      mike

Comment

I got it from a guy who got it from a guy who got it from the vet's family. It's all good though. Got the vet's name. It was on a bunch of miscellaneous papers. Unfortunately, he's deceased. Photos will be a while off, but here's a scan of part of the map. I wish I could have gotten the mimeograghed message from Gen. McAuliffe. It was mentioned specifically in the Jan '45 issue of Yank magazine. No patches other than chevrons (rats).

[ 21 September 2001: Message edited by: Steve in Florida ]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X