United States CBI Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United States CBI Insignia

Really nothing at all to do with any of my collecting fields, but I had picked up a small group of items and these were there with them. They are theater made and I find them kinda neat.

Hello Chris.

That's some nice looking stuff you have there. US items were my first love, then I got into the German stuff. Still have a soft spot for US patches. If you are ever intrested in selling the bullion one, let me know, I may be interested.

Tyrel

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the ribbons are ?

Comment

Chris--the ribbons from left to right are--U.S. WWII Victory medal
        Asiatic Pacific Campaign
        America Campaign 1941-45
        Hope that helps, Mike

Comment

Theater-made C.B.I. patches can be kind of fun to collect because of all the hand-made variations. At one point I had 28 of these and no two were identical. Of the standard ones, the type with separately-applied metal sun and star tend to be the most sought after. These enjoyed a wave of popularity three or four years ago with U.S. prices peaking in the $50 apiece range. However, tens of thousands of troops were in the theater and collector popularity brought tons of old examples out of the woodwork. As a result, these can now be obtained at far more reasonable values.

Can we see a shot of the back of the d.i.? Probably of Indian manufacture, but can't tell for sure from the front.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X