Patch ID help needed, please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch ID help needed, please.....

I am not really sure what this patch is for. I know that it is WWII era (greenback) but am not sure that I have ever seen it in any US patch guides I have browsed before. Is it rare? Common? Any value at all or just a made up patch? I am totally unsure of what to think about this item. It came with some other US WWII divisonal patches I purchased and was hoping that someone could fill me in on this one. Many thanks to all in advance for the help.
    Attached Files
    Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

and the back..............
    Attached Files
    Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

It's from the "First Filipino Infantry," a regimental-sized unit.

The regiment was manned by Filipinos living in the USA.

See the July-September 2000 ASMIC Trading Post for an excellent article by Robert Capistrano on the Filipino Infantry.

The patch is listed in many references as "1st Filipino Unit," which is an error.

The fully embroidered versions are more common than the twill or felt conterparts. But still, your patch is definitely a keeper!
      Last edited by historyguy; 05-11-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Brian-
        Yours is better than most fully embroidered examples being that it's a "green back." Lots of collector demand for those.
        Nice patch.
        Kurt
        </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
        </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Brian,

Very nice patch. Definitely a keeper.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X