Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father in Korea

Hi

I just went to my parents home in Puerto Rico. My mother passed away on December 20, 2006. She had been sick for a long time. She was 76 years old and had a great life. I was able to find my father's photos from Korea. He graduated from College in May 1952 and was commisioned as a 2nd LT in the US Army. He told me once that he was one of the few mainland puertorricans that did not served in the 65th Infantry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65th_Infantry

I found that he served in the 24 infantry division. I am sorry the photos are not in good condition. My father died in 1982 and I was not aware that he keept photos of the war. I found them ia a closet. I will ask for his military records.

thanks

Juan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JuanS; 01-01-2007, 12:51 PM.

Insignia close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Infantry division
      Attached Files

Comment

My father on the right with Lt Woda on the left
        Attached Files

Comment

My father and Lt Woda having a good time
          Attached Files

Comment

Lt Maymi and my father
            Attached Files

Comment

My father and Lt Mason visiting a British base
              Attached Files

Comment

The caption in this photo states that he was visitin the New Zeland Reginent
                Attached Files

Comment

Stange Arm band?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Great Picts..BILL

Comment

Thanks for sharing these charished photos with us! What decorations was he awarded for his time in service? How many years of military service did he do?

Comment

Nice pics. But what I find odd is the US military was intrigrated by the Korean war, but the outfit was an "all hispanic" and the officers had a language problem. Seems the US military wasn't all that intrigrated after all in 1952.

Comment

Hi

Paul, I will ask for my father's military records as I do not know if he won any decorations. He served 5 years in the Army and separated from service as a 1st LT. I know that my father served with the 24 infantry division, but I do not know his unit assigments during his military carrer.
                          JaimeH, The 65th of infantry was apparently a unit comprised of soldiers from mainland Puerto Rico.

thanks
                          Juan

Comment

Juan! Excellent pictures and history! My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Mother.

Was the 65th Infantry a National Guard unit that was based in ML Puerto Rico? If so, that would be the explanation for the all PR unit.

Mark

Comment

How cool! That is about the same time my grandpa was in Germany .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X