Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orginal US WW2 Jacket??

Hi,
    its this a orginal ww2 or a past war jacket?

Thom.

Without having it hands on there's really no way to say if the patches are original to the M43. Look inside the pocket for a tag to date the jacket.

Comment

I can't get the picture to increase in size, but given the thumbnail, it looks like it may be a WW2 "vintage" jacket... Can you shoot some photos of the undersides of the pocket flaps and is there a tag in it?

Dave

Comment

Thanks, i will look
        I bought the jacket from farmers in the Huertgenwald area.

Dave@I must look, then does even more pictures!

Thom
        Last edited by Graf Hardenberg; 04-17-2006, 09:24 AM.

Comment

There are two things that I dont like about this jacket.

First: there's no stamp of tag in the neck of the jacket.
          Second: the button on the back of the jacket..

Don't really know.. 'buy the item, not the story'

Comment

The right shoulder "combat patch" was not authorized until April, 1945

Comment

It's just an M-43 Field Jacket that is REAL, Button on back is for removable, button on hood. Obviously left there by occupying troops in Germany after war.
              They didn't have the BIG neck labels. Somewhere you should find where label was. M-43's also liked to have markings stamped in ink in liner.

Comment

Originally posted by G.F.C.
                The right shoulder "combat patch" was not authorized until April, 1945
                While this information is correct, there are numerous examples of SSI's being worn on the right shoulder prior to this date. It is not unknown to find a "right shoulder" tank Destroyer patch being worn prior to April 1945, though I would betthat this jacket wouldn't have normally had a patch on the right shoulder until hostilities had ceased.
                I see nothing wrong with this jacket. it is WWII vintage, and the patches aren't uncommon enough to make the jacket's value rise considerably.
                Allan

Comment

The combat patch I can live with. But that button on the back worries me, too. It's not on my M-43s. Unless it was added later. Is the thread different?
                  Last edited by Paramarine; 04-17-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

WWII M43 hoods had no provision for a rear button either. Just the two epaulet buttons

Comment

Alls@ Thank you very much
                      Michiel@ Warum sollte ich hier M******228;rchen erz******228;hlen? Offenbar bist du doch kein Kenner

Last edited by Graf Hardenberg; 04-18-2006, 11:46 AM.

Comment

A very early m43 jacket! Note that the button under the lapel and on the back of the neck are a hand done modification for some reason.
                        Hard for me to believe the patches are period applied, but it could be possible.
                        This jacket was not worn much at all and most jackets found today in this condition are the very small sizes that did not get issued as much.

CB

Comment

How much costs such a Jacket?

Thanks

Thom.

Comment

Originally posted by Graf Hardenberg
                            Michiel@ Warum sollte ich hier M******228;rchen erz******228;hlen? Offenbar bist du doch kein Kenner
                            Dude, why acting like this?

You asked for opinios, if gave mine. I'm sorry, I was wrong.

Plus, YOU wanted to know if this jacket was real.. so who isn't a Kenner...?

So don't nag like that please.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X