help ID US Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help ID US Patch

I have an early felt Engineers Patch 2x2 inches, blue felt, red castle, and stars, has a cheesecloth backing, in the books it says 13th Engineer Regiment, I cannot find any info on this unit, era, WW1, WW2? any help to unit, patch era, value.
    Thanks,
    kevin

All I found...
    Thirteenth Engineers (Railway) U.S. Army, 1917-1918-1919: With the American Expeditionary Forces in France
    jason

Comment

13th Engineer Regiment is correct. Value is minimal as this example is a reproduction, probably from the patch collecting craze of W.W.II.

Comment

How do you take it to be a repro. please give some more insight.

Comment

patch

yes, fill me in as to repro, all the other patches, in the lot were good, the ranger one in the picture did not come from this lot, I got a sweet one piece 17th airborne with tab with it.
          Kevin

Comment

here is a picture of back, when did these (Repros) come out, early? I ask because, it does not glow under UV, so it must be early repro, good to know for next time.
            Thanks,
            kevin

Comment

It would be impossible to provide a tutorial on U.S. patch reproductions here because they take so many forms. However, two things are key in this case: the item is only about two thirds of the size of an original and the method of manufacture is certainly not W.W.I (most of the original 13th Engineers that I've seen were loom woven silk -- but not in the "Liberty Loan" style --, though I have also seen a couple of examples hand-embroidered on wool).

As noted before, this is likely a W.W.II era repro. There was a patriotic patch collecting craze and a lot of W.W.I pieces were copied to satisfy collectors at that time. These were characteristically undersized, and machine embroidered on felt.

Comment

Hi,
                That's close enough to give me a good Idea on the repros, thanks for the short form about the size, and material.
                Regards,
                Kevin

Comment

Yea Thanks Histaria

Helps me if I ever look for yankee patches.

Regards

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X