War between the states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War between the states

Some would wish to forget our history. This cannot happen! Part of my humble collection. Brother against brother.

Thanks for sharing your collection; nice buckles. I was wondering what the item to the left of the rifle hammer is.

regards Mark

Comment

It is a scabbard tip with finial. CSA . These items were all dug in Georgia

Comment

The three plates from top to bottom are a breast plate,belt plate and box plate.

Comment

Some today are trying to erase our history, not forget. A history they know nothing about, nor could they care less. Lets pray it doesn't come down to brother against brother again, but we must stand tall and defend it. Your humble display depicts a small part of this... thank you for showing it.

Chuck

Comment

In a town near me earthworks were built around the town during the war. Over the years all but one were used as a source of fill dirt for other projects. The belt plate shown was found in a ball field built up from dirt from one of the earthworks.

Originally the background was filled in with black paint, and the raised parts were polished. Remnants of the black paint remain.

Comment

Excellent C S plate!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X