WW1 usmc group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 usmc group

My best friend just got this group from a family relative, he called me and said I just got some old medals you know anything about them, he sent me these pictures and I called him 2sec's later ..
    Attached Files

Very nice grouping.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

DSC/NC Citation- DSC02834.jpg

Comment

Fantastic group that I would love to see more of.

Comment

Outstanding!!! A very rare, and a very desirable group of medals belonging to a Marine Officer who served in WWI with the 17th Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 5th Marine Regiment. Any serious collector of WWI USMC artifacts would be proud to be the caretaker of these.

Chuck

Comment

As Chuck says very, very rare grouping of medals. I have a similar grouping consisting of the DSC and NC, PH and Victory medal plus both citations, service citation and a huge amount of original documents to a Lt. of this same unit who was awarded his medals for valor at Mont Blanc where he was wounded and in hospital until after the Armistice. Hard to believe this caliber of grouping is still out there. Mine came out of the woodwork back in 2015. Congratulations again, a breath taking group.

Comment

What a treat to see. Great that the newspaper clipping and overseas cap EGA weren't separated from the group. Besides that magnificent Silver Star, are any of the other medals marked?

regards, Robert

Comment

Wow! Beautiful medal group. Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by james s. View Post
                  My best friend just got this group from a family relative, he called me and said I just got some old medals you know anything about them, he sent me these pictures and I called him 2sec's later ..
                  Awarded 3 Silver stars! https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/9022

Comment

Wow, Belleauwood Wood, Mont Blanc and crossing the Meuse. What an all star. Incredibly historical grouping.

Comment

WOW ,,, I seen the gold Oak Leaf cluster on the star but couldn't find anything about it. Thank you guys for all the information on this group.
                      James

Comment

Congratulations on this fantastic grouping!

It's something most collectors could spend a lifetime looking for, and never be able to turn up or add it to their collection, even if it came available on the open market for sale. It's a real prize for any WW1 collector indeed!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Comment

Great woodwork grouping. I've been trying to pick up one like this for many years. Very hard to comeby.

Comment

What a great group! Congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X