No announcement yet.

Usmc officer garrison cap for comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EGA and cap appear to be WW2 vintage IMO. My reference books aren’t handy but going on memory, I suspect the Captain bars are the Amry version, not the USMC type (although I wouldn’t be surprised that he used whatever was available at the time).

Comment

I agree with Fred on all points. The Captain's bars are definitely Army.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
        I agree with Fred on all points. The Captain's bars are definitely Army.

s/f Robert
        I suppose imposible to know about if bars were added in war period or not?

Comment

Since it is pinback, pretty much impossible to to determine. Other than being modern manufacture (clutchback, etc), no way of telling.

s/f Robert

Comment

Doesn't matter when they were added. Highly unlikely a Marine captain would have worn Army captain bars. I'd need a period photo showing the Marine wearing these, otherwise I'd assume a collector/dealer added them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt A. View Post
              Doesn't matter when they were added. Highly unlikely a Marine captain would have worn Army captain bars. I'd need a period photo showing the Marine wearing these, otherwise I'd assume a collector/dealer added them.
              Really I thought same thing... Add Army bars without any knowledge to improve cap value

Comment

I have just seen EGA is attatched with 2 prongs and no a screwback... Is possible this variation?

Comment

Not a variation so to speak, these came in both clutchback and screw post versions. The clutchback type are typically found on Korean War groups.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X