The Fighting 34th patch information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fighting 34th patch information

Pick this up today at an estate sale. What time period is this patch from. I see that the 34th now uses a different patch and am wondering if it is even the same unit. There is a tag for Ace Novelty on the back, which says it is in Japan. Thanks in advance for the help.

Looks 50's period
    "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

Thanks Bob for the information. That is what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Chatt View Post
        Looks 50's period
        Bob, do you know which squadron this belongs to? I could not find it anywhere, and the fakes on eBay just state "Fighting 34th" patch...

Comment

I just posted it on ebay last night. I was unable to find that unit with that particular image.

Comment

345th Bomb Squadron patch. The object in the place of a #5 is supposed to be a fifth of whiskey. Nice patch! These guys were at Ploesti. Best, Bill K.

Comment

Wow, that makes sense. I would have never seen that. Thanks for pointing that out.
              Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by bellumbill View Post
                345th Bomb Squadron patch. The object in the place of a #5 is supposed to be a fifth of whiskey. Nice patch! These guys were at Ploesti. Best, Bill K.

Thanks for the I.D.; I could not find this patch in any of my references. Of course now that I know the designation, it's easy to see examples on Google...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X