Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My usmc uniform set is here. I have some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My usmc uniform set is here. I have some questions.

I just received this set of uniform. The name tags on both tunic and trousers has been removed. But I found another tag on the tunic and shirt, what does it mean? I have never seen such tag on my other US military uniforms.
    Tag on the coat. Numbers are 749831.

IMG_1573.JPG
    Similar tag on the shirt.
    IMG_1577.JPG
    Also, I'm still curious about when this uniform was made, I found some other clues. The collar and the lining of the general's trousers are heavily weared, white parts turned into yellow.
    There is an obvious mark of 16-20 ribbon bars(maybe not so obvious in pictures), and there are some threads just above the left breast pocket. I assumed at least 1 row of ribbons were sewed in the coat.

IMG_1574.JPG
    That's all I got for now. I wish the name tags could be here but they are not. Please be FREE to express your opinion (I really want to hear them). Very much appreciate!!!!!!!!

Albert, look inside the jacket by the shoulder/sleeve area. Sometimes there is a stamp with information.

Comment

Originally posted by dhcoleterracina View Post
      Albert, look inside the jacket by the shoulder/sleeve area. Sometimes there is a stamp with information.
      Thanks mate. I just checked the coat, but I didn't see any stamps around the shoulder/sleeves. This is an officer's uniform, I think stamps on shoulders should be EM/NCO's feature?
      Although there's no name tags, but could it be possible to tell what period this uniform was made? The auctioneer said it was made in the 1950s

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X