Vietnam bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vietnam bars

I found this set of bars. Is there any value to these?

Yes, it looks like a good set-up. That's a awful lot of flying and wounds to rack up during a single tour - no campaign or service stars on his VN service medal. Interesting - can't guess at the value but it looks like a solid set for an Vietnam War aviator display.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
      Yes, it looks like a good set-up. That's a awful lot of flying and wounds to rack up during a single tour - no campaign or service stars on his VN service medal. Interesting - can't guess at the value but it looks like a solid set for an Vietnam War aviator display.

regards, Robert
      thanks...I saw one was a POW so I wondered.

Comment

If there was previous Korean service I'd expect the multiple DFCs and air medals - that's quite a bit of flying for one tour. But I haven't seen it all, for certain.

regards, Robert

Comment

The AM, DFC, PH, should have oak leaf clusters, not stars for subsequent awards. Whoever put this together must have been thinking USN/USMC who do use stars for subsequent awards of decorations, but those are larger. The smaller stars are for service medals.
          An incorrect creation by someone who had "some" knowledge, but not "enough".

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt A. View Post
            The AM, DFC, PH, should have oak leaf clusters, not stars for subsequent awards. Whoever put this together must have been thinking USN/USMC who do use stars for subsequent awards of decorations, but those are larger. The smaller stars are for service medals.
            Indeed. With only one AF Commendation medal (aka PCS medal), this is either a put-together or a person who crammed a bunch of flying into a short career.

Comment

...USN/USMC who do use stars for subsequent awards of decorations, but those are larger...
              Good point, Kurt. These are not the correct stars for subsequent valor awards.

s/f Robert

Comment

Agree, the POW award was first awarded in 1985.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X