USMC grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USMC grouping

Gentlemen, I am possibly going to be picking up a small grouping of USMC. The grouping includes a collar EAG, a flight wing (missing the 3 stars), a hand engraved ring (New Britain), and two pieces of sweetheart jewelry ( one an EAG on chain with MOM, and the second a beauty, 2 EAG, tested right for gold, mounted on opals, attached by a square linked chain.
    I believe this was made in Australia. Isn't that where the 1st Marine Division went after Guadalcanal?. I know it's the first Mar. Div as there was a unit history book still in the brown shipping box and a beautiful Camillus knife Was really minty) which ha had already promised to someone else.
    Any ideas on the value and as I don't collect USMC would anyone be interested.
    I will not seperate it if I get it so it would go all as one or i would keep it myself. I may be able to get the name off the book but I'm not sure.

Chuck
    PS it will be a couplke of weeks before I get to see it again and I'll be sure to bring my camera this time.

Here's the pics of the small grouping I picked up. It appears Elmer Roland Dyer, 1st Marine Div., missed home a bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

The ring is hand inscribed New Britain 1944
      Attached Files

Comment

The back of the Navy Air crew wing is marked Amico Sterling, but didn't come out good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a close up of one of the EAG's on the bracelet. Note he sent home an exta piece of chain and a link to be sure it fit. The EAg's are goldIt appears the are on opal and then mounted on Sterling hardware.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 11-16-2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X