Flea market this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea market this weekend!

I picked up two amazing groupings this weekend from a dealer at a local flea market. One is named to a Captain Earl S. Ivie or Irie (6541770 or 6541270) and the other grouping is named to a 1st or 2nd LT Jack Jordan. I believe the Captains grouping is from the 9th Air Force. The LT grouping is from a guy in the Jolly Rogers Heavy Bombardment Squadron.

The LT. grouping had the following:
    1.leather Jolly Rogers patch
    2.Jolly Rogers Unit history 1942-1944(named to Jack Jordan)
    3.Corregedor aerial photo
    4.Jolly Roger plane 368 photo(combat photo)
    5.Jolly Roger plane 241095 photo
    6.Caturred Japanese flag
    7.Japanese post card
    8.Japanese military stationary
    9.two Japanese hand drawn military maps(drawn on onion skin paper, appear to be aerial maps)

The Captain grouping contained the following:
    1.a booklet called 25 Missions The Story of the Memphis Belle(US military publication "Restricted)
    2.Pocket Guide to Paris and Other Cities of Northern France
    3.Lessons That Live as told by AAF Pilots(US military publication)
    4.New Testament Protestant Version
    5.Aluminum case marked Med Dept. USA comes with a syringe and two needles)
    6.two paper maps for SW England and Berne
    7. Silk Evasion map for Germany,Holland, Belgium,and France
    8.US AirForce Bailout Breathing oxygen cylinder and bag(still is fully charged!)
    9.Breathin hose AN-6002-1
    10.Cylinder and Regulator assembly Demand oxygen AN-6002-1 serial number AF 44 22165(This is a giant cylinder and carrying bag)

I got all this and a fixed bale M1 helmet marked 76E for quite a song. Unfortunately, I missed a few things because I hit the flea market on Saturday. He had uniforms for both men, but the prices on the uniforms were quite high and did not have the wings on them. I wish I could have gotten both uniforms, but money was tight. Anyone who has any info on these two men let me know. Anyone else find anything good this weekend?

Found these large old brass stirrups and straps yesterday morning for $5.00 at the flea market.I put them on Ebay!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by t_player; 06-20-2005, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I have tried finding both of these fellows on the NARA data base but during the process developed a bad HEADACHE just trying to figure out how to use the darn thing. Could anyone possibly help me find information on these two gentlemen. I did find out that Jordan was a member of the Cashion crew in the Jolly Rogers. Anybody ever hear of the Cashion Crew? Any help appreciated!!!!
      Arch

Comment

The Jolly Rogers (AAF), was the 90th Bombardment Group (H), 5th Air Force, 1942-1945. Squadrons were the 319th, 320th, 321st & 400th. The 90th was the first B-24 unit in 5th Air Force. They do have an active veterans organization & a web search will put you in touch with them. Your guy might even still be alive.

Comment

I find an Earl S. Ivie working for NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab in 1969 in California. If this is the same Earl Ivie, he died in San Bernadino Ca in 1989. (Born 1909?). Can't find any wartime references to him yet, 9th AAF or otherwise, still looking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X