US Hand Grenade, Frag, T15 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked this up a while back, it is round has a thin metal sleeve over it for fragmentation effect I am assuming. The paint is od with yellow print. Anyone have any idea what this is and what purpose it served? The closest I could come to it was a WP chemical grenade. Thanks Chris
    Attached Files

shot two
    Attached Files

Comment

shot 3
      Attached Files

Comment

I think this might be a T-12 "Beano" grenade, which was an improvment on the Brit Gammon Grenade. It was filled with C-2. Made by Eastman Kodak, it was first used by Airborne units in the ETO in late 1944. It looks like the one you have , has a Gammon stlye fuse on it. This my 2 cents for what it's worth.. Paul

Comment

Thanks for the info, that helps. The grenade is marked T15 on the outer shell, the pic isn't very good I know.

Chris

Comment

Chris-

You might want to take a look at the Grenad Recognition Manual website at: http://members.shaw.ca/dwlynn/tgrm.htm

A quick look through the American grenade section didn't turn up your exact grenade, but several similar ones are shown.

They will also try to help you identify grenades if you send an e-mail and photos.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve that helped alot, Darryl the website operator knows his stuff and was able to send me info on the T15. It is a pretty rare grenade with high blast but low shrapnel for house to house, close in fighting. Thanks again, Chris

Comment

Chris-

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X