Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Wheel TD Patch

Hey Guys,

How does this patch look to you all?? Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it to. As always, thanks for your assistance.

Jim

The reverse:

Comment

That is a tough one to find embroidered on cotton like that. Yeah, it is real, and pretty scarce.
      Allan

Comment

Hi Allan,

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the backing.

Thanks also for the Pay Pal warning, just read that.

Jim

Comment

But isn't it that you never know for sure it is ww2 because those patches where produced till 1966?

And that the uniforms where replaced in the 1950's? This is a Cut Edge right? Soo this productions could be post-war to, or am i tottaly wrong now? If soo pleace correct me!

Comment

Hello,

Any other thoughts on this one??

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Stravers
              But isn't it that you never know for sure it is ww2 because those patches where produced till 1966?

And that the uniforms where replaced in the 1950's? This is a Cut Edge right? Soo this productions could be post-war to, or am i tottaly wrong now? If soo pleace correct me!
              Daan,
              The Tank Destroyer patch was only worn during World War II, so there is little chance they were officially manufactured post war. I have found that in many of the divisions, there was little need to have the patches produced after the war as so many had been made during the war that stocks didn't start to become depleted until the Vietnam period.
              It is rather unusual to find US made patches that are not fully embroidered. The 8 bogey TD at the beginning of thisthread is a good example. The piece that Panzerman posted is a very scarce example and is highly sought after by collectors. I am sure that VerKuilen, Garth and Kurt A. can chime in here, and am believe they will agree with my assessment.
              World war II vintage patches had a certain feel to them, and once you have handled a few thousand, it is relatively easy to differentiate between them and their post WWII cousins.

Allan

Comment

Nice one

Jim - that's a nice TD patch. As Allan says - scarce variant.

Shawn

Comment

Allan and Shawn,

Thank you. I really like it and will try to buy it.

Regards,
                  Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X