WWII patches - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII patches - Help!

Can you folks tell me what these patches mean. They are on a WWII Officer's tunic or possibly Korean War. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Beau
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crushercap17; 06-04-2005, 11:01 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crushercap17
      Can you folks tell me what these patches mean. They are on a WWII Officer's tunic or possibly Korean War. Any help would be much appreciated.
      Regards,
      Beau
      Hi Beau,

The right sleeve is for the 86th Infantry Division and the left sleeve is for the 30th Infantry Division.

Gary

Comment

The one with the Eagle/BH is for the 86th Infantry Division which fought in Europe and was later sent to the Pacific in August of 1945, but too late to receive campaign credit. The other is for the 30th Infantry Division, which was at Normandy (D Day + 9), and after series of battles returned to the U.S. in August of 1945. In its battles the 30th earned a good reputation. FP

Comment

Thanks very much for ya'lls help!

Beau

Comment

Army Green?

Looks like the jacket is "army green" - available in 1956, mandatory in 1961. This color replaced the olive drab used in WWII and Korea. Just my opinion from the photos...

Shawn

Comment

Well a fellow sent me the pictures of the uniform and asked if I could find any information on the patches. The uniform the patches are on is the traditional WWII Officer's tunic w/ matching belt and buckle. They wore these into the mid '50s I believe when they switched to the green with black braids that we have today.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X