Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armor patch

Hey guys,

Can you please give me your opinions of this I Armor Corps patch. Thanks in advance.

The reverse.....

Comment

I dont like the back at all

Comment

I was told it's no glow, out of an old collection and has a return on it. The guy seems pretty sure it's good. I think I also read on this forum that the green back is desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Para82nd
          I dont like the back at all
          Are greenbacks being faked?!!!

Comment

I was hoping you guys could tell me. It's a beauty, and my first Corps patch. Besides, I already bought it.

Comment

My expertise is in the Commonwealth Feild, i was just stateing my opinion.

WAit for guys with more knolege post.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
                I was hoping you guys could tell me. It's a beauty, and my first Corps patch. Besides, I already bought it.
                Looks to me like a perfectly good patch. The so-called greenback patches usually fetch more bucks. I suppose if one were to fake US patches, the financial inducement would be there , as contrasted with a "standard" patch. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

Comment

My first adventure into the winning side and I'm already stirring up sh!t! I really just wanted to show off a pretty patch.

Comment

Looks like a perfectly fine "greenback" I Corps Armor patch to me!

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks. I like it.

Comment

The patch is fine! Green backs are not any rarer than white backs but for some reason collectors like them more. To the best of my knowledge they are not being faked.........yet.

Gary

Originally posted by Panzerman
                        Hi John,

Thanks. I like it.

Comment

This is a perfectly good I Armoured Corps patch. The OD or "greenback" base thread patches are considered a little more desirable by patch collectors because it predates the patches that have the cotton/rayon or "white" base thread. Other color base thread patches that have been observed are black, purple and red. Patches with these base thread colors should be considered scarce.

Garth

Comment

I'm going to chime in here also- I have collected patches for over 30 years now, since age 10, this one is right as right can be!
                            Also, there are a few fake green backs running around, but you don't need to be worried about them faking a $5 green back patch. The ones i have seen are pretty easy to spot as the green is not the "right" shade of OD and they have a very stiff feel to them.
                            What most patch collectors need to be aware of is that there are some unscrupulous characters out there adding OD borders to patches that don't normally have OD borders- some examples include but are certainly not limited to- 101st Airborne (not the tab- at least not yet), 77th, 79th, 86th, 87th, 88th, & 98th Divisions, Tank Destroyer, and the like. These characters are taking original patches and adding a border. Again, the borders are usually not quite the right color and the border is a little bit uneven.
                            Allan

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
                            This is a perfectly good I Armoured Corps patch. The OD or "greenback" base thread patches are considered a little more desirable by patch collectors because it predates the patches that have the cotton/rayon or "white" base thread. Other color base thread patches that have been observed are black, purple and red. Patches with these base thread colors should be considered scarce.

Garth

Comment

Actually, there are some fake greenback appearing - usually fakes of rare patches. A couple that come to mind, that I frequently see on Ebay, are the first style 1st Service Command (the "football") and the Armed Forces Information School. I've never seen an original of either of these in greenback. And, the Armed Forces Information School, being post war, probably shouldn't exist in greenback. The fake greenbacks tend to look like the green was "sprinkled-on." Very different from what I've seen in originals. This armor patch is what I like a greenback to look like.
                              Kurt
                              Originally posted by Gary Cain
                              The patch is fine! Green backs are not any rarer than white backs but for some reason collectors like them more. To the best of my knowledge they are not being faked.........yet.

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X