AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5000 Airborne Medal Grouping on eBay!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLM
    It really angers me and gives me heartburn to see these groups broken up by sellers for more money in the pocket
    And this dealer knew very well what he was doing... I corresponded with him about the auction within hours of the auction starting, and at my request to stop the auctions and re-list it all together I got the "I'm-in-this-for-the-dough-dealer-shrug" to the effect of 'well, people have already seen the auctions, and so I can't stop the auctions as a service to them.' I don't know about you, but I won't hesitate to stop an auction if more information comes up about a piece - I think that's the only right thing to do.

To the dealer's reply, I informed him that he'd actually be doing more of a service to the collecting community by keeping everything together for history's sake. In fact, I told him that I would be willing to PayPal him refunds for all of his listing costs on the medals for the cancelled auctions out of my own pocket, no strings attached.

I never heard back from him after that. He knew exactly what he was doing by listing them all separately, and in the end, he benefitted from it. Sad...

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X