David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWII AAF Pilots IKE jacket w/ Bullion wings and patches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flak88
    I find 219 guys with the last name Baber in Army in the war...
    Hi Marc,

Could you let me know where you found this information??

Thanks,
    Jim

Comment

Beau,

My cousin got back to me and the only family member he could come up with was this guy:

Hay Norville Baber, 1923-1987, Retired Air Force, flew W.W.II missions in Europe and at one time was an Air Force One crew member.

He said he would get back with me if he could find more. It might be interesting for both of us if this was your guy.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
        Hi Marc,

Could you let me know where you found this information??

Thanks,
        Jim
        Hi Jim, it looks like Marc referenced the National Archive website.

Since this Baber guy was an officer, I am not sure you will get very far in the NARA records, and especially not with a commissioned flyer, since he wasnt promoted through the ranks.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
          Beau,

My cousin got back to me and the only family member he could come up with was this guy:

Hay Norville Baber, 1923-1987, Retired Air Force, flew W.W.II missions in Europe and at one time was an Air Force One crew member.

He said he would get back with me if he could find more. It might be interesting for both of us if this was your guy.

Jim
          Jim,
          This certainly would be fascinating if this happened to be the same fellow. He had to have been the pilot or co-pilot in the plane. If its any help, I bought the uniform from a fellow in Atlanta, GA. Let me know what you find out and thanks for the effort!

Beau

Comment

Beau,

More from the family history:

5 Hay Norville Baber b: Aug 20, 1923 in Buckingham Co. Virginia d: Jan 1987 in Jacksonville, Pulaski Co. Arkansas** Burial: Arlington National Cemetery Military service: Retired Air Force. W.W.II missions in Europe, Air Force One crew member.
            .......... +Lenore Adelaide "Lee" Griffith b: Sep 02, 1926 in Buckingham Co. Virginia d: Dec 02, 2004 in Alexandria, Virginia Burial: Arlington National Cemetery Father: David Griffith Mother: Lottie ???

This might be your guy.

Jim
            Last edited by Jim Baker; 06-04-2005, 03:41 PM.

Comment

He might just be. Out of the 200 or so Babers in WWII, its very likely that it might be. Does anyone know how I can get more information, or am I stalled at this point? Thanks for your help Jim, I might just be holding a uniform that is meaningful to the both of us!

Comment

Beau,

Post everything you have in the research forum. I've never tried to research a US vet, but I'm sure someone there can steer you in the right direction.

Again, if I hear anymore from my cousin, I'll let you know, and in turn, if you find out anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
                Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X