Opinions pouch, first aid packet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions pouch, first aid packet

I got this 2 pouches for a while now but i am still not sure, are they original or not? I dont know if they are making alot of fake first aid packets?

1 got the markings Star Pull on the button (the larger M-1942 version)

The inside...

Comment

And the markings...

1. INDEPENDENT AWNINGS 1943
      2. B.A.B. Co. 1942

Comment

I think the best way to tell if a WWII US field gear item is original would be the feel and smell. Mint WWII field gear has a certain smell to it, I believe caused by the anti-mildew treatment and the 50+ years of storage.

It seems crazy to think of people creating reproductions of these pouches, as they are about as far from rare as you can get. Any reproductions that are being made would be intended for reenactors and not to decieve collectors. I don't really follow the repro market, but the new repro field gear I have seen does not have the same smell.

I hope this helps,
        Vance

Comment

Thanks for your answer,
          i got more of the same pouches witch i know for sure they are original and they got that smell but these two dont have that? I think it is the way of storage over all these years.
          They feel the same, i just whanted to know it for sure as i dont trust these 100%? But i think that the one with the Star * Pull button is original, it would be to expensive i think to make them like that.

Comment

I think you are safe with those pouches for now. The cost to make a repro would push it in to the 15 dollar range for people to buy and you can still buy originals for 10 or less that are in mint shape.

Cheers
            Gary
            Originally posted by Stravers
            Thanks for your answer,
            i got more of the same pouches witch i know for sure they are original and they got that smell but these two dont have that? I think it is the way of storage over all these years.
            They feel the same, i just whanted to know it for sure as i dont trust these 100%? But i think that the one with the Star * Pull button is original, it would be to expensive i think to make them like that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X