ID this A/B liner ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID this A/B liner ?

I just recently purchased this Westinghouse A/B liner. Paratroopers name is George L. Huber. Serial 13001006. Enlisted 11/3/1940 Records say Cavalry. Where can I go to get more information or pay couple of $$'s for some help. He was from the Baltimore area close to where we use to live.Many thanks..
    Attached Files

The liner is good. Start running the name on line. You may find his obit. Gather the info you can then go the National archives to see what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by BFerdi View Post
      I just recently purchased this Westinghouse A/B liner. Paratroopers name is George L. Huber. Serial 13001006. Enlisted 11/3/1940 Records say Cavalry. Where can I go to get more information or pay couple of $$'s for some help. He was from the Baltimore area close to where we use to live.Many thanks..
      Matt (username is 2ndInf.Div. on the US Military Forum) has helped numerous people (including myself), retrieve archival records....His costs are reasonable and is easy to work with....You may want to give him a try, Bodes

Comment

Here's your guy.....Bodes

http://wwii-enlistment.com/search/?a...&search=Search

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks for the suggestions and information...liners with a serial number and have " been there "...

Comment

Originally posted by BFerdi View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions and information...liners with a serial number and have " been there "...
            Liners with numbers are liners with numbers. You need to do the research to move the needle beyond that. The bar is much higher to claim it's "been there". Where is "there"?, Fort Benning Ga.? Did he deploy? If so were did he deploy and when? Good research is the key. Good luck!!!

Comment

Thanks !

I agree 1,000% and have started the process...

Comment

A lot liners were also reissued post-war such as this one back when a lot of these salvage liners from the 505th and 504th PIR complete with their tags hit the market some years back.

You've got a nice liner there with a great deal of research potential. Congrats and good luck on your research.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X