4a8b53e7-784c-46c9-bfe9-a8d731ebe3b2.jpg

4a720291-a353-11ea-aa56-f7131306f419.jpg

635f3b65-a353-11ea-aa56-f7131306f419.jpg

40354f69-a353-11ea-96dd-19d65af27b55.jpg

c02bb040-c55f-4c4f-a819-7a69f0f7ba9e.jpg

c5e3ee0d-7a74-4d86-9582-0d1e93d1c906.jpg

149d758e-0585-4adb-ad76-91ef2561b5ef.jpg

05342505-cd02-42d9-b136-1fc25b935381.jpg

I don't like the helmet. The cork isn't right to my eyes. It just looks wrong to me. What is the heat treat stamp number on the helmet? The chin strap itself looks to be period. I want to see the tack that secures it to the swivel bail. As for the liner I would like to see the domed stamp and the ink stamps on the sweat band and nape strap along. I would also like to see the details of the liner chin strap. The chin strap and buckles look correct as do the "A" yokes. I have no real issues with the liner based on what I can see. I would like to see more of it to be sure. I have two of these liners I posted in the past, look at the pics I posted.
    Last edited by p-59a; 05-31-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

It looks good based on what I'm seeing; however, the liner looks repainted.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
        101, When I look at the helmet I see a front seam manganese rim. That puts the helmet into the late mid war or early late war period. Are you sure that chin strap is proper? I don't claim to be an expert in these, but for a transitional helmet I see allot of transition going on. The cork to me looks too thick and too rough. To me it looks more like a current refurb. I have almost no issue with the liner other than wanting to see more of the details. I have had four of these at one time and they all had things in common in as far as who made the nape straps and other parts. I just want to see if this also has those same traits.

Comment

Originally posted by p-59a View Post
          101, When I look at the helmet I see a front seam manganese rim. That puts the helmet into the late mid war or early late war period. Are you sure that chin strap is proper? I don't claim to be an expert in these, but for a transitional helmet I see allot of transition going on. The cork to me looks too thick and too rough. To me it looks more like a current refurb. I have almost no issue with the liner other than wanting to see more of the details. I have had four of these at one time and they all had things in common in as far as who made the nape straps and other parts. I just want to see if this also has those same traits.
          Yes, the chin strap can be correct even though it is an early war strap. The cork looks fine to me; they are not consistent from helmet to helmet. I see your concern, but I think it is okay. Some helmets have more cork than others or might have it applied thicker on the top than on the sides or vice versa. I have an M1C that came directly from a veteran's estate, and the chin strap has the early brass buckle, but the straps are OD7. Most would argue that it was never done, but it was, just not often. That being said, pictures can lie, so a hand inspection is always best.

Comment

From those pics i think its legit of course i would love to see it in hand to get a better closer look but i like it....mike

Comment

thank you for your opinions, I would have liked to have a hand inspection, but I do not think to get there, the seller is in a hurry,
              I do not like to ask this question but what is the price of such a helmet if all is authentic ?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BeH View Post
                thank you for your opinions, I would have liked to have a hand inspection, but I do not think to get there, the seller is in a hurry,
                I do not like to ask this question but what is the price of such a helmet if all is authentic ?
                Thanks
                What is he asking? I don't like being pressured by some arbitrary time constraint. I have sold two of those liners. One went for 800 USD and the other for 600 USD. I have seen others sell something north of 400 USD. The market goes up and down depending on demand. What it boils down to is how much do you want it and how much can you afford to drop on this? I still do not have warm and fuzzy feelings on the lid, but I do defer to 101combatvet. He is in his element when it comes to these.

Comment

Originally posted by BeH View Post
                  Thanks
                  1,000 dollars is a realistic price if everything is okay. I've seen them go for much more, like crazy money. Three-day inspections are routine within the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

I agree. The corking looks spot on for a mint helmet.

Comment

Yeah i agree too, as long as its all original you can expect to pay $800-$1500 for such a helmet or maybe more....mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X