Aussie-made US officer visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie-made US officer visor

I was working on my photography skills and snapped a few pics of an Australian-made officer visor. Interesting construction with the eagle placed rather high on the front, nice contrasting colors between the green and tan band, floppy crusher look, etc. One of my favorite US hats. Thoughts and comments welcome!
    Attached Files

The insignia appears to be Australian made as well....Looks like it was made by K.C. Luke out of Melbourne....Nice hat...Bodes

Comment

Very nice hat. I agree the emblem looks like it is indeed made by Luke. But it is KG Luke, not KC. Could you take a better picture of the makers label?

Comment

Your wish is my command...
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a great hat. I have a couple of uniform pieces from the same company.
          The badge is actually not a Luke piece. It's a US made badge.
          Originally posted by Nack View Post
          Your wish is my command...

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

The cap eagle was
              manufactured by N.S. Meyer. The Meyer logo is stamped on the reverse of the eagle's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tucker View Post
                The cap eagle was
                manufactured by N.S. Meyer. The Meyer logo is stamped on the reverse of the eagle's tail.
                I never noticed that! Good catch.

Comment

Nice cap.

I too have one with pale-reddish-brown lining and US-made badge.

Interesting how Jones continued the flat pancake style, no doubt in line with their RAAF caps.

Presuming they exist, I'm hoping to find a Melbourne-made cap one day.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
                    Nice cap.

I too have one with pale-reddish-brown lining and US-made badge.

Interesting how Jones continued the flat pancake style, no doubt in line with their RAAF caps.

Presuming they exist, I'm hoping to find a Melbourne-made cap one day.

Mike
                    Interesting - thanks for the insight, Mike. I don't think I have anything made in Melbourne. If I do, I'll certainly post it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X