Name and number in Uniform Help Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name and number in Uniform Help Please?

Box searching brought this to the surface this morning, im sure ive had it for over 15 years and seem to remember the story being the guy retired just over the water in England in the 70's. No name to the jacket but did find some detail inside the trousers. Any help would be great
    Attached Files

Im sure its his name as it rings bells from all those years ago but number, well i just dont know so any help would be appreciated folks

Comment

There's 69 names under B-5128 on this site, but unfortunately none are for a Bain....

Your hat looks to be post-WW2 since it has a wider stiffener in the crown...Does it have a metal plate behind where the insignia mounts?....This is also an indication of a post-war lid....Bodes

Comment

I always thought tags that read "Do not wash, dry clean only" were post war. At least I have never owned anything from WW2 with that tag.

Comment

It appears he was part of Headquarters, 259th Infantry Regiment, 65th Division (patch is on the shoulder)

Comment

Thank you all for your replies and help Cap badge does not have a plate, two piece front insignia, one screw fastener to the back, as for the ''dry clean'' well i havent a clue

Comment

The jacket appears to have officer's "braid" on the cuffs and the hat badge is for enlisted.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X