• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbons
    Attached Files

Comment

Bill,
      Great thread. I am somewhat confused here thought. Is this your collection or the vet's collection laid on his driveway? Maybe I have missed a post. I mean on insult.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RBailey View Post
        Bill,
        Great thread. I am somewhat confused here thought. Is this your collection or the vet's collection laid on his driveway? Maybe I have missed a post. I mean on insult.

Robert
        Hi, that's two groupings I spread out on my driveway as there was a lot of mildew smell. Both groupings I acquired within 24 hours and did my best to keep them separate. Everything pictured had never been in a collection. I wasn't planning on showing the 2nd grouping until I noticed the boot error. Best, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
          Hi, I’m not much of a boot guy. However my blunder. The boots pictured were dropped in the center of that picture. The boots and another pair, with some Vietnam 65 boots came in a grouping the day before. Both groupings were put on hold for 8 weeks with the virus but I stayed in touch. This second group was from a 4th div Marines. Did DI time at Pendleton and fought in several island battles. The family didn’t know much. The boots are from him. I had everything outside and separated, so I thought, good eye, my buddy dropped them in. The boots have no markings that I can see. Included a complete Camo tent and stakes and a very nice dress cap. He went on to fight in Korea. He returned and spent the rest of his life in Oceanside Ca. Best, Bill
          Hi Bill,

When you first posted the images the boots didn't seem right for a WWII Marine, unless he had managed to acquire Paramarine boots which look similar at first glance and that would have been an epic find, sadly, they are post war boots I think M1951 although I'm not overly familiar with post-war USMC footwear. If the boots are actually from another post-war grouping it makes much more sense now.

Regards,
          Steve

Comment

Hello, I received a call from the family that sold me the 2nd grouping. Here are more uniforms, and enough patches to stuff a pillow.
            A Camp Pendleton/Oceanside lifer. Best, Bill bourque
            Attached Files

Comment

They must have liked you. I love it when the family contact you again with "more stuff". Really nice two-war Marine collection.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X