30 Star Parade Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Star Parade Flag

A buddy found this great looking 30 Star parade flag in with his late fathers belongings. Wisconsin was the 30th state so this flag came out around 1848. I found on line that is was a parade flag. I don't know if that makes it a military flag. It is 22 x 15 inches. A rare flag like this should bring a good price. I would love to have it framed and hang it in my house. IMG_8277.jpgAny suggestions on a good auction house that would carry something like this.

Thanks

Kirby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The flag appears to be printed. Is that correct?

Comment

I have found a few on line and they were printed. It sounds like these were handed out at parades and most were thrown away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Printed flags were the standard for parade flags. Many reproductions currently but if you know the source, it's a great looking flag. In 1912 a 48 star flag was required to be in a 8 by 6 configuration, before that anything was ok and the variety of star configurations was great.

Comment

Thank for the info. My friends dad was a WWII vet and he collected stuff forever. No telling when he got the flag. I found one that sold for $400. That seems low but it isn’t something I collect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Watch ebay for general price guide but I haven't seen this exact flag before. Jeff Bridgeman has a very high end online shop, he might also do consignments. Fun website to view.

Comment

Thanks I check out the site. Some interesting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome flag! especially from Wisconsin!
                http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Looking at the condition and materials I am wondering if that might be from the WI Centennial celebration in 1948.
                  http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X