Unknown Garrison Cap - Newbie ID Needed Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Garrison Cap - Newbie ID Needed Plz

I posted this one on the international forum thinking it might be French like the M1 helmet I posted on here some time ago.

Unfortunately no one on the international forum appears to know what this is........perhaps it was made for the US Army? Or no one has replied because I`m being incredibly stupid..............I really dont have a clue what this is!

Can any of the experts here be of assistance?

Please click on the link below:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...ad.php?t=99824

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

THis isn't US. It looks French to me. Orleans is in France, so that also points me to France.
    The British had these multi-colored side caps, but their caps would have two buttons on the front.
    Sorry I can't help with a positive ID.
    Allan

Originally posted by yellow
    I posted this one on the international forum thinking it might be French like the M1 helmet I posted on here some time ago.

Unfortunately no one on the international forum appears to know what this is........perhaps it was made for the US Army? Or no one has replied because I`m being incredibly stupid..............I really dont have a clue what this is!

Can any of the experts here be of assistance?

Please click on the link below:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...ad.php?t=99824

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Comment

Similar thing posted on the e-stands recently, identified by the vendor as a WWII Free French artillery sidecap I think.

Comment

I have a similar one only with a dark green body and red top, similar stamps. It is French, or at least French made. I had more information on it some place, if I can find it again I'll post it. As Allan says it's not US, the easiest way to tell is the size stamp

eric

Comment

Many thanks for your thoughts and comments chaps, all very much appreciated.

Sorry that this item is again French........hope you can find that ID Blinky!

Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X