week end pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

week end pick up

Picked up these patches over the weekend.
    Attached Files

AAc leather patch close up
    Attached Files

Comment

grim reapers
      Attached Files

Comment

2nd army variation. Can anyone confirm that the piping is Military police
        Attached Files

Comment

the backs
          Attached Files

Comment

No comments huh? Can anyone tell me if the piping around the 2nd army is for MP.
            Chuck

Comment

Chuck,
              The Leather patch is unusual. It could be real, but the colors are kind of odd. The Grim reapers patch looks like a Pakistani piece for veterans. The 2nd Army patch appears to me to have Medical piping (maroon and white) around it.
              The 187th patch looks brand new.
              the leather AAF patch could be a $40 patch or it could be a $10 repro.
              Allan

Originally posted by chuck locke
              No comments huh? Can anyone tell me if the piping around the 2nd army is for MP.
              Chuck

Comment

Well I just took a shot at the embroidered patch. Guess that's why I usually stay away. The 187th just has the feel of a good WWII patch. Has the right snow, I'll have to black light it when I get some new batteries for the blacklight.

Now to the leather. This patch is twice as thick as say a CBI or Ledo road. The wings, star and circle all seem to have been cut from the same piece. Looking closely at the star you can see most of the red paint has gone leaving the leather color showing. On the wings (he obviously wasn't able to match the wings too well) are yellow painted and then he tried to highlight some feather pattern using black paint. All is the wings and star are sewn with a very small stitch which must have been exremely difficult because of the thickness of the leather. Also it has been on a jacket as there are holes all away around, again not really even from the edge.
                I think this patch is good maybe made from a belt or leather strap.
                Chuck

Comment

Chuck,
                  The 187th patch without the tab made me think it was a new, merrowed edge patch. Looking at the snow, I think it is interesting as I have never seen one of these vintage patches without a tab. Has the tab been cut off?
                  As for the AAF patch, I guess that is one of those "follow your gut" pieces. It is too tough for me to tell definitively.
                  Allan

Comment

Allan, it is cut edge all the way around. When the tab is attached is it unboken embroidery or is there a piece of khaki between the tab and the patch? I would have to say this patch didn't have a tab attached.

Chuck

Comment

Allan, there is absolutely no glow on this patch at all. Like I said this patch has the right feel. No stiffness to it at all. Also, upon closer examination it appears that there is some od thread where it had been sewed on.

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X