Early WWII Navy/ Marine Medal Box Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early WWII Navy/ Marine Medal Box Question

OK guys, I know that the Purple Heart came in a burple box, and Vic was kind enough to post a Silver Star in the red issue box. I am also aware that the Air Medal came in a green box.
    What colors have I not listed? i.e. What color was the Navy Cross box? DFC box? Navy and Marine Corps Medal box? Medal of Honor?
    I'd also appreciate some photos of these boxes.
    Thanks in advance!
    Allan

Originally posted by Allan H.
    OK guys, I know that the Purple Heart came in a burple box, and Vic was kind enough to post a Silver Star in the red issue box. I am also aware that the Air Medal came in a green box.
    What colors have I not listed? i.e. What color was the Navy Cross box? DFC box? Navy and Marine Corps Medal box? Medal of Honor?
    I'd also appreciate some photos of these boxes.
    Thanks in advance!
    Allan
    Hi Alan
    The navy cross box is blue short title case.The early ones are marked B&BB. About the same size as the early purple heart boxs for WW1. The DFC is blue in the short title case for navy/Marine,And Regular size for ary air force. The Marine corps medal box is red like the silver star early coffin box. Medal of Honor is in a Black leather case Made by Wilson & Tiffany These were for the Civl war and Span Am and into WW1.WW2 I have seen the blue ones that are still used today.I think some WW2 ones are Black. I know the documents came in a large Black folder case. Some one else might be able to decribe the WW2 ones more than me.I have only see a hand full of WW2 Medals of Honor cases. Regards Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X