Finnish Uniform Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adv-ent View Post
    Hi Kowal, thanks for the positive comments.
    Yes! it is a A French sabre, modified by the Finn's.
    I am not sure how many of these French sabres went to Finland but I did see one like mine at a Finnish Cavalry museum on my last visit to Finland.
    Mine is unit marked 1/URR 106.

Regards
    BK
    Hello BK,

Your sabre unit marking mean Uudenmaan Rakuuna Rykmentti which origins are from Civil War time (1918) and it was cavalry unit.It took part in Winter and ContinuationWar.My grandfather served in URR as an Eläinlääkintä Kersantti(Animal Medic Sergeant).

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks for posting the pics from your collection--your Finnish WW2 colllection is amazing!
      "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Comment

Finnish Collection

Thanks for the kind comment Billmunny
        Regards
        BK

Comment

I never get tired of you collection BK
          How´s the project going btw?
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thanks Hans.
            Project is going well.
            I just picked up a very nice Colonels M/22 peak cap named to a Cavalry Colonel. These are very hard to come by.
            I am off to Finland in a week and half, hope to find some new items.
            Regards
            BK

Comment

I am sory if i am interupting this thread ,but i have a hat of sheeap wool and a white face mask made of leather.The hat is like a "half footbal" in shape whid the wool on the out side and are stamped inside whid a "krown" and I.16 and 1941.It has also a visor bended inside.This hat/facemask kame from a sale form the Finish army some years ago.I wonder if you can tell something about this item?

Best regards

Comment

Hi 1945, The hat you have will be from Sweden, not sure of the face mask.
                Can you post some pictures of the mask of send me an e-mail with pictures.
                Thanks
                BK

Comment

Such a fantastic collection you have, congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us. I have great respect for what the Finnish soldiers went through during WWII.

I just picked up a Finnish Infantry Captain's tunic, so now I am on the lookout for everything else I need to complete a mannequin with it.

Comment

Finnish collection

Thanks WW11Buff, Please post pictures of your tunic on this thread.
                    I have moved since my last collection photo's and finally set my new display after having everything in storage for the last 2 1/2 years.
                    Space I now have is much smaller, because it was time to down size.
                    i will post pictures as soon as i have time.
                    BK

Comment

Thanks BK. I will post pictures of it soon.

Comment

As promised, here are a couple pictures of my first Finnish uniform. It's an early pattern tunic for an infantry captain. I have not been able to display it properly yet, so these are just pictures from the seller.
                        Attached Files

Comment

what an amazing fantastic collection you have congrats sir

and as a helmetcollector myself, I offcourse!! like the helmet most
                          Is it hard to find an unmessed period Finish M16 helmet? would like to add one in the collection once. (not necessarily a white skull painted one, just a regular one would do)
                          Ivan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X