help please on these Korean war ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please on these Korean war ribbons

I am going to post 4 pics and then jump onto a different computer in a moment and ask a few questions pretaining to them. im hoping someone will be able to tell me whats up. research is hard to do on these particular questions. Ive exhausted all my potential trys.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ok guys, hopefully someone can help me with these questions. first off is this the correct order and placing these ribbons would have been worn. he served from '50-'53 in 3 campaignes.
          question 2- the citation that is on the pocket. i have seen this in this style and also just as a normal ribbon version without the gold frame border. which version would have been issued to his rank?
          question 3- the Korean War service award, my father in law was awarded 3 stars, i have seen many 2 star examples but no 3 star yet. i assume the 3rd star would be placed in the center of the ribbon?
          question 4- he was awarded the marksman badge. is this the correct style of badge he would have received. i have seen this same style badge with 2 rings as shown on this example and also some with 4 rings. are both styles from the Korean War period. i have a feeling the 4 rings are from previous wars.(?)
          question 5- would the marksman badge be worn on this jacket and if so where?
          question 6- is there a ribbon bar frame that i can purchase that has a configuration for all these ribbons in there correct locations?
          thanks in advance and im actually looking for original examples of these ribbons/badges if anyone has or knows where i can get them please let me know. Glenn

Comment

the national defense ribbon would be the second ribbon the other ones are in the right order, and you can visit your army navy store and get a 4 place bar for the ribbons.

James

Comment

Q2 the ribbon is a presidential unit citation.
              Q3 it would depend on the unit/campaigns/ time in county on how many stars if any.
              Q6 If you want to keep it time period correct 1950s you would need a brass 3 ribbon holder and a single.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X