• Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 nice photo pickups

Tnks chad
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Great photos! Would you be able to scan the photo with the North Korean POW's?

Matt

Comment

thanks torch

ill c what I can do.. chad

Comment

The photo of the seated NK prisoners was taken by combat photographer David Douglas Duncan. However, the reprint posted is only half of the original photo.

Comment

Can you show the photo

I took these out of a gi photo book..

Comment

Those are some great images!....mike

Comment

Photos of great interest from a conflict many times forgotten by collectors but full of history!
                Thanks for sharing them with us!

Comment

Originally posted by jlh View Post
                  The photo of the seated NK prisoners was taken by combat photographer David Douglas Duncan. However, the reprint posted is only half of the original photo.
                  I highly recommend Duncan's book This is War!: A Photo-Narrative in Three Parts for some really superb photos of Marines during the first six months of the war. The three parts cover the fighting in the Pusan Perimeter, the Inchon landing and capture of Seoul, and the fighting march down from the Chang-jin Reservoir. The photo of the KPA POWs is in the book.
                  The book was published in 1951 and it is tough to find a copy but worth the search. I have a copy I got when I was in high school in the 1950s and it is one my favorite of many volumes on the Korean War in my collection.
                  Homer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X