small grouping picked up today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small grouping picked up today

Hi,i know just a little bit less than ZERO about Korean War items,but I found these this morning at an estate sale.Everything I have posted is from a quick internet research this morning.

The gentleman was supposedly a decorated Korean War vet,but I cannot find anything on him,with my limited knowledge and resources.

Helmet is a swivel bail M1 helmet,that looks to be Korean War era correct paint..it's a dark green,with sand texture

Stamped M236 in the front visor area..And handwritten in black pen inside "Hq 1/121 54"

Liner is a dark green also,has a 52nd ADA decal on one side (Semper Paratus),and Army Air Defense Command on the other side.
    Sweatband is dated 1953 and has B6172 stamped into the leather.Named to the veteran (name also corresponds to other unrelated items at the same estate sale)

Also came with a medal bar,as shown.Has a Presidential Unit citation,UN Korea medal,and Korean Service medal with 3 stars.These medals seem to correspond with the unit's history in Korea.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input? Who was this guy?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GEHRMANN; 04-26-2014, 03:48 PM.

sss
    Attached Files

Comment

last
      Attached Files

Comment

Nothing?
        It's going on the e-stand soon,as I don't want it..If anyone wants the junk,look for it there,I guess?

Comment

Not in NARA Awards and Decorations System

Not in NARA Awards and Decorations System, but some guy named Richard Monahan won a buttload of awards.

Comment

Possibly Anthony RICHARD Monahan?
            Thanks for the possible lead. I will check into it!

Comment

Originally posted by GEHRMANN View Post
              Possibly Anthony RICHARD Monahan?
              Thanks for the possible lead. I will check into it!
              No, Richard B. Monahan. Sorry.

Comment

No worries!
                Thank you for the responses anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by GEHRMANN View Post
                  Hi,i know just a little bit less than ZERO about Korean War items,but I found these this morning at an estate sale.Everything I have posted is from a quick internet research this morning.

The gentleman was supposedly a decorated Korean War vet,but I cannot find anything on him,with my limited knowledge and resources.

Helmet is a swivel bail M1 helmet,that looks to be Korean War era correct paint..it's a dark green,with sand texture

Stamped M236 in the front visor area..And handwritten in black pen inside "Hq 1/121 54"

Liner is a dark green also,has a 52nd ADA decal on one side (Semper Paratus),and Army Air Defense Command on the other side.
                  Sweatband is dated 1953 and has B6172 stamped into the leather.Named to the veteran (name also corresponds to other unrelated items at the same estate sale)

Also came with a medal bar,as shown.Has a Presidential Unit citation,UN Korea medal,and Korean Service medal with 3 stars.These medals seem to correspond with the unit's history in Korea.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input? Who was this guy?
                  I've had no luck finding out info on the name. sorry, Tom

Comment

Weird. I totally forgot I had this helmet,until you just reminded me!
                    Wonder why there's no info on the guy?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X