Korea Jacket patch 763rd engn det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korea Jacket patch 763rd engn det

Can anyone tell me about this type patch or the 763rd itself?....there seems to be very little info on this unit....This is a large size, I am assuming a jacket patch....measures approx. 11" x 8 1/2" OA....Thanks.
    Attached Files

This is an original patch, although it has some mothing(or other bugs) in the areas with the white thread....(must be cotton)..some of the inscription is missing, and remember troops from the USA have been there since 1950, so the period usually is stitched on patches like this....maybe someone will have one that is still all there to tell what is missing. It puts me to mind of like a Wespac cruise type patch although I don't think its a wespac patch, and likely may be a pribvate purchase in country patch made at a local insignia or tailors shop.. (see the flags for the UN, and the other countries they visited possibly, like Taiwan, maybe R&R in Japan, service in south Korea etc.)The expert Patch guys will enter the thread soon . It is very nice regardless...and certainly not one commonly encountered . Reminds me of some of the velvety nam in country patches....for the black velvety material is similar to those .
    Last edited by juoneen; 08-31-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Appears as if much of the lettering on the bottom half of the patch is missing. The lettering usually contains a complete year, e.g., 1955. Maybe if you look close you can see the year.

These went on the backs of tour jackets, and run from approx c.1953 to c. 1965 or so.

Comment

There are vets still alive you can write online....from the outfit....I think this one is a nam period patch ...possibly late 50's to mid sixties , just the way it feels to me...here is one guy, and on the same site if you search there is another, http://koreanwar.org/html/units/dmz/...Num_Looking=39

second guy is here, if you score any more stuff from my lead you can give me an item for helping... :http://www.koreanwar.org/html/units/...Num_Looking=39

look for the outfit down the page , and search for more....good luck. Oh one more thing, introduce yourself as a patch collector, and ask them if they can help identify the patch you have ,and see what they can tell you...(bet it is private purchase) They are looking for ex ship friends, but they don't mind usually talking to a collector if they are polie and friendly. Let us know what you discover.

Comment

Here is one I picked up at Washington, Court House, Ohio, flea market (I think) years ago, and threw it in one of my patch boxes. It is from a medical unit in the late 1950s.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X