Looking for North Korean + Chinese items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for North Korean + Chinese items

I am looking for some original Korean War Chinese or North Korean items. Uniforms, headgear, equipment, shoes, etc. I have been collecting for several years now, and am looking to complete some of the displays I have assembled. If anybody has any pieces they'd like to part with or show me, or knows of someone that does, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IF you are referring to korean war N. Korean and Chinese regular items from between 1950, and through 53, your asking for a lot....few of the troops who fought there brought home souvenirs , and they still make similar stuff, so I would not get your hopes up too high ...and those who have that type of thing their dads brought home, rarely hit the market. I am not trying to discourage you, just don't expect to find much ,as it is very pric ey when it does come available now , the stuff is like Gold... and be careful buying from anybody stuff from China , and even Korea. I would stick to finds strictly from the countrys that participated only in the police action (police action, is actually a more accurate term than War), and that way you will get the real deal...just my take on it, as of all the military collectibles those are the toughest to find of all.(but you wouldn't think so). best wishes on your quest, but if you do find anything I can tell you it will not be cheap.
    Last edited by juoneen; 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your input. As I've learned from my own experience, I'll definitely agree with you about the rarity of the items, I've never seen another quilted set for sale besides the two I have. What I've learned by collecting this area of militaria is that normally a collector will have one or two pieces that don't fit in their collection, so they are willing to sell it. I've also learned that the best way of finding pieces like these are by simply asking around, which is what I'm doing right now. I wasn't expecting to get any results in the first place, but its always worth a shot.

Comment

I've been lucky enough to find a few modern North Korean uniforms. I have been looking for DPRK and Chinese items form this era for 15 years now and I have yet to find one. I wouldn't even know what the correct price would be on these items. I am sorry that I'm also no help to you. I've been asking around at many military shows over the years and your best bet is to find a collector over in China that has stuff from that era. It is hard enough to find a U.S. 107 OG uniform set in a size large from that era let alone a Chinese or DPRK uniform in any size. I hate to say it, but WW1 Austrian-Hungarian uniforms are easier to get than Chinese and DPRK uniforms form the Korean War. Best of luck!

Comment

I forgot one thing I wanted to say in my last post. Keep looking on Ebay from time to time. I've been looking on there for the last 10 years and I've never seen an original DPRK or Chinese uniform from this era pop up, but I have gotten many good deals on more modern DPRK and Chinese uniforms over the years! Best of luck!

Comment

This is my dream Korean War piece. It's a complete DPRK uniform form the Korean War. It's not mine, but I wish it was.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlh View Post
              I've never seen another quilted set for sale besides the two I have.
              There's so little information and examples out there. Please upload some photographs of your jackets. I think I speak for all of us when I say; we would love to see them!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew.L View Post
                There's so little information and examples out there. Please upload some photographs of your jackets. I think I speak for all of us when I say; we would love to see them!
                Hi,
                I have a picture of one of them on my phone, but not my camera.
                And I'm not sure I'll be heading down to the warehouse there in. Is there any way I can upload a picture with my phone?

Comment

How about chinese communist medals?

Comment

Originally posted by KASOH View Post
                    How about chinese communist medals?
                    Mainly just equipment and uniforms.

Comment

DPRK uniform

Hello, I am new to the forum. The DPRK is a field that I collect for my museum. I have found getting in touch with defectors to be most reliable if you are able to get a hold of one. They like to stay under the radar (for good reasons) and my 1990s era winter coat was only acquired through a third party (auction houses for militaria are good sources too). Korean War era uniforms from the North are extremely difficult to collect, which is why I am open to more recent productions from the DPRK. Be careful with Ebay as well, since most of it is Chinese manufactured and often times incorrect. Best of luck on your search, and do fill us in on any finds you come across. Happy collecting!

Comment

Originally posted by MARKIV View Post
                        Hello, I am new to the forum. The DPRK is a field that I collect for my museum. I have found getting in touch with defectors to be most reliable if you are able to get a hold of one. They like to stay under the radar (for good reasons) and my 1990s era winter coat was only acquired through a third party (auction houses for militaria are good sources too). Korean War era uniforms from the North are extremely difficult to collect, which is why I am open to more recent productions from the DPRK. Be careful with Ebay as well, since most of it is Chinese manufactured and often times incorrect. Best of luck on your search, and do fill us in on any finds you come across. Happy collecting!
                        Most of what I've got now are Chinese uniforms, head gear, footwear, field gear, and propaganda leaflets. The only North Korean items I've got, that I know for sure are original, are a bringback cap made from a blanket, summer-issue combat sneakers, an officer's leather belt, and several flags. I've got a uniform, tunic and hat, as well but I believe they are likely late 50s or 60s. If you think you could help with dating them let me know.

I've got a few South Korean flags and U.S. items issued to ROK, but not a whole not. The North Korean items are definitely much more difficult to find than Chinese, which are already nearly impossible to find if you don't have connections. If you've got any original pieces from the Korean War, I'd really like to see them for reference. I've got some great photos of North Korean POWs as well for reference of their uniforms.

Comment

I was in the 2nd Inf Div in the early '70s with the 2/72 A & 1/73 A and they had a Museum at Camp Casey. If I remember right they had WW2 and KW items on display there. German, NK and US. It might be worth it to try to contact them for some info. If so please let me know or post a link.
                          Jerry

Comment

Most of the KPA and PLA uniforms where made of canvas and cotton. The materials didn't last very long in the field. Most of the equipment was ether Soviet, American or Japanese in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by jlh View Post
                              I am looking for some original Korean War Chinese or North Korean items. Uniforms, headgear, equipment, shoes, etc. I have been collecting for several years now, and am looking to complete some of the displays I have assembled. If anybody has any pieces they'd like to part with or show me, or knows of someone that does, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X