Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help with medals

Hello everyone,

I'm a Marine stationed in California, and recently bought a lot of 12 medals off a site much like craigslist but its just for the base I'm stationed on. Up until yesterday, my collection of medals/awards consisted of all US and Third Reich pieces, so when it comes to these "Korean and Chinese medals from the Korean war" (as the seller listed them) I have NO CLUE what they are! The seller labeled most of them but im finding very little on any of them when it comes to searching the web. The seller bought them from a collectible dealer when they we're stationed in china. I only paid 40 bucks, which seemed pretty cheap. Also, the medals are pretty dirty, I normally don't clean up my medals, but I was thinking of maybe just running a damp rag over these just to take off some of the loose dust? any ideas?...this is my first post, so bear with me as I try to provide you all pictures of the medals. Any info on these medals helps and I really appreciate it in advance!

thanks,
    Fred

Unfortunately these are the current generation of reproductions coming out of China. Not nearly the quality of original pieces. There are hundreds listed on ebay on any given day.
    Garth

Comment

Terrible lot

Ditto, Sorry but this lot is a callous not well thought out Reprofiteers attempt to mass produce a series of Medals, etc. in as little time as possible.
      Hope they didn't sell for much.

Comment

It amazed me people do fake these stuff...

Comment

Bummer, like I said, my collection thus far is in totally different countries/wars, going off of what I know about that stuff, these seemed pretty good to go. I plan on looking into these more so i know what to look for next time. Are these at least good repros? Or are they just horrible off? Haha...thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it

Comment

Originals are also often low quality and "painted enamels".....but these are like "lead copies" of German badges....only "close" if you've never seen the real thing.
            John G.

Comment

If it is too good to be true. It probabily is...

Comment

Too bad the Sino-Soviet medal is bad. Those are becoming harder to find nowadays.

Comment

Chinese medals

I stepped outside of my comfort zone at a flea market and speculated on a small group of these also. (They were so cheap!) Fortunately, I've been able to sell some of them as fantasy pieces and get some of my money back. The ribbon on the bottom row, 2nd from the right in the photo of all 12 MIGHT be an authentic communist block ribbon, but I don't know what medal or country.

Al

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X